How To Care For Your Pieces
Plush Crochet Loveys and Toys (Made with 100% polyester yarn)
To wash: Spot clean preferred or hand wash if necessary with mild detergent and cool water. Rinse well until water is no longer soapy.
To dry: Wrap in a towel and gently squeeze excess water, do not twist. Lay flat to dry. Do not iron.
100% Merino Wool Base (northern beanies)
Merino wool is an incredibly soft natural fiber and comes from merino sheep wool. It's a biodegradable fiber so it's not harmful to our planet and it's an excellent thermoregulator. Because of this, it is moisture wicking and will keep you warm enough without over heating. It also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that naturally keeps odors from building up, so the need to wash your item will be rare, if ever at all. Should you feel the need to down the road, here's what you need to know:
- To wash: A gentle spot clean using mild detergent or wool wash and cold water should do the trick. Bleeding may occur as these are hand-dyed fibers. I don't recommend fully submerging in water.
- To dry: Do not wring. Lay your hat on a flat surface or a blocking mat if you have one to dry. Do not iron.
- If you notice your beanie or merino hat needs a refresh, the best way to care for it long term is by using a fabric shaver
Luxury Faux Fur (cowls)
100% Polyester fiber
- Spot clean or machine washable with mild detergent.
- Lay flat to dry. Do not iron.
Premium Acrylic Base (bridger beanies)
A low maintenance fiber that is super soft and warm.
- To wash: Spot clean or hand wash with mild detergent using cool water.
- To dry: Roll in a towel to squeeze out excess water, lay flat to dry. Do not iron.
Faux Fur Pom Pom
If your beanie has a pom pom attached, make sure to remove it prior to fully submerging your beanie:
- To remove pom: Turn your beanie inside out and untie the string. Place the pom button somewhere safe while your beanie dries.
- To replace pom: Use a yarn needle or a needle with a large eye to thread the strings back through the top of your beanie. I next use my fingers to push the strings back through the holes in pom button. Pull snug and tie.
- You can easily refluff your pom pom with a shake or a quick burst of high heat with a blow dryer.
- Tags: if your beanie has a faux suede tag with a Chicago screw, it is easily removable with a screw driver. Please check the screw tightness often.
- If your piece seems like it's stretched a bit after taking it off, that's okay! Just give it a squeeze and it will find its original shape again.
- Due to the nature of these knits being 100% handmade, no one item is identical. Each piece is especially unique and will vary slightly from one to the next.
- The merino wool yarn is all hand dyed in small batches, so no one skein is alike!
- Please be sure to keep your knits in a safe place away from curious kiddos or loving paws, Montana Knit Co cannot be held responsible for damaged pieces due to them being left unattended.